Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fabinho: Start at Liverpool wasn't easy but there is more to come




The Brazilian took his time to break into the first team but has since proved to be a useful asset after finding his feet in English football.
Fabinho admits his start to life at Liverpool “wasn’t easy” but is pleased to have become a useful versatile asset and believes there is still more to come from him.
The 25-year-old has been a regular since then, operating in a number of different positions, and feels he is starting to show his true value.
Fabinho told Liverpool’s official matchday programme: "The start of the season wasn't easy but I knew that I had to be patient and work hard in training to get my opportunity.
"Obviously the team that we had was doing very well with great players in it, but I knew that my moment would come and I knew that I needed to be prepared for when it did.
"I think I have improved and my confidence has grown and my performances have been better. Right now I have been playing well and I hope to keep this up.
"I think there are still some things I can improve upon. Right now I feel that I have adapted to the speed, intensity and the physical speed of the Premier League.
"I feel that I have settled into the team well and with time I'll keep improving so overall I think I have adapted well."
Fabinho Jurgen Klopp Liverpool 2018-19
Many of Fabinho’s most recent outings have come at centre-half, with Klopp requiring him to help cover a defensive injury crisis.
He has not looked out of place and is happy to continue filling whatever role is required.
"There's no doubt about it, I think that my versatility helps me," added Fabinho.
"I haven't played a lot as a centre-back but in those games I feel like I did well.
"The other players helped out in terms of guiding me and helping with my positioning and it started becoming easier.
"There are some things I feel that I need to improve upon like my positional play and also my focus in that role, but generally speaking I feel those two games were good for me."

Post a Comment

0 Comments